Nagoya, the fourth most populous city in Japan, is a vibrant metropolis with a rich history and culture. It offers a variety of accommodations to suit every traveler’s budget and preferences. Here are some of the best areas to stay in Nagoya, along with hotel recommendations in each category: luxury, mid-range, and budget.
Sakae is the downtown area of Nagoya and a popular place for tourists to stay. It’s the city’s main shopping district with numerous department stores, boutiques, and restaurants. The area is also home to attractions like the Nagoya TV Tower and the Oasis 21 complex.
- Luxury: Hilton Nagoya is a popular luxury hotel in Sakae. It offers spacious rooms, excellent service, and is located near various attractions.
- Mid-range: The Royal Park Canvas Nagoya is a typical Japanese hotel in this price range. Rooms are small but very clean and functional.
- Budget: The b nagoya is a popular budget hotel in Sakae. It offers clean rooms and is conveniently located across from the Matsuzakaya department store.
Nagoya Station Area
The area around Nagoya Station is another great place to stay. It’s a bustling hub with numerous hotels, shops, restaurants, and is the city’s main transportation hub.
- Luxury: The Strings Hotel Nagoya offers a luxury stay experience. It’s a 15-minute walk from the Shinkansen line entrance and offers a good breakfast buffet.
- Mid-range: Nagoya Marriott Associa Hotel is a popular mid-range hotel in this area. It offers clean rooms, excellent service, and is located directly above Nagoya Station.
- Budget: Daiwa Roynet Hotel Nagoya Shinkansenguchi offers good value in a city like Nagoya. The rooms are small but well-appointed with amenities.
Fushimi is a business district in Nagoya. It’s quieter than Sakae and Nagoya Station areas but still has plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops. It’s also home to the Nagoya City Art Museum.
- Luxury: Nagoya Tokyu Hotel is a luxury hotel in Fushimi. It offers larger than average rooms for Japan and a comfortable bed.
- Mid-range: Richmond Hotel Nagoya Nayabashi is a mid-range hotel in Fushimi. It offers clean rooms and efficient staff.
- Budget: Sanco Inn Nagoya Fushimi is a budget-friendly option in Fushimi. It offers a good size firm bed and amenities bar by the reception.
Remember, the best place to stay in Nagoya depends on your personal preferences and what you want to do during your visit. Each area has its unique charm and attractions. Enjoy your stay in Nagoya!
Article by Maria Fukuda. All rights reserved.